Saturday, November 14, 2009

Scared and Excited

Hello Internet,

So I'm finally fed up enough with Windows to install Linux on my computer. I've decided to go with the Ubuntu distribution because it seems like the most accessible version for a first time user. I'm scared though for I don't want to do anything wrong and say ERASE ALL MY FILES. That would be bad. Very bad. Though I am backing everything up as I type to my external hard drive, so things should be ok. I'm planning on dual booting Windows XP and Ubuntu for the time being. I can't fully give up on Windows because I love my Windows based videogames, and my Windows based pirated software that will go unnamed. However, I have learned from you Internet, that there is a way to run Windows within a Linux distribution, so once I figure that out, I might be uninstalling it from my hard drive, I'm not really sure how that works yet!?!? Anyway, wish me luck Internet, I'll let you know when I'm done whether I messed it up or not!!!

When life hands you lemons, partition your lemon's hard drive to run multiple operating systems. Then you can make half the lemon into lemonade, while continuing to use the other half for what you normally use it for. I haven't quite figured out what that is yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment